He's the fashion enfant terrible known for bringing sportswear brands like Kappa and Fila back from the bargain basement, but Gosha Rubchinskiy's first luxury collaboration – with the storied fashion house Burberry – is set to hit stores this Saturday.
First appearing on the runway back in January 2017, the link-up between the two labels sent hypebeasts and high fashion fans into a stupor: making liberal use of Burberry's vintage check, the collaboration spawned some seriously strong looks, such as two-tone trench coats, a full check shirt and shorts co-ord and some strikingly cool millinery designed with hatmaker Stephen Jones.
Gosha injected the rave, soccer and youth culture influences that have permeated his own brand into the collab, mixing in the pieces with his own SS18 collection which drops on Saturday too.
"Working with Christopher has been a great adventure," Gosha said in a statement. "Burberry has always symbolized the epitome of classic British style to me. Our extended collaboration... really embodies what I feel is British culture today, a mix of iconic pieces and youth."
Burberry and Gosha have had a busy year together: as well as the collection, Gosha designed his own space at the brand's Here We Are exhibition in London, as well as releasing an exclusive photo zine alongside it.
Check out some shots of the collection below, shot by Rubchinskiy himself:
The Burberry x Gosha Rubchinskiy collaboration launches Saturday 6th January in the following locations:
- Hong Kong, Pacific Place, 11am (HKT)
- Shanghai, Kerry Centre, 10am (CST)
- Tokyo, Shinjuku, 11am (JST)
- Tokyo, Omotesando, 11am (JST)
- Tokyo, Ginza Marronnier Dori, 11am (JST)
- Osaka, Shinsaibashi, 11am (JST)
- Osaka, Hankyu, 10am (JST)
- Seoul, Cheongdam-dong, 10:30am (KST)
- Melbourne, Chadstone, 9am (AEDT)
- New York, Spring Street, 10am (EST)
- Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, 10am (PST)
- London, Regent Street, 10am (GMT)
- Berlin, Kurfurstendamm, 10am (CET)
- Milan, Via Montenapoleone, 10:30am (CET)
- Paris, Faubourg Saint Honore, 11am (CET)
- Moscow, Petrovka Street 16, 11am (FET)
It's also available, alongside Gosha Rubchinskiy's SS18 collection, at Dover Street Market stores worldwide.
All imagery courtesy of Burberry®